[asterisk-users] sip trunking and call transfer

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Nov 23 16:54:01 CST 2008

Maybe because there is no such thing as a "SIP trunk", at least in the
Asterisk world.  Most of us call them "peer" or "friend".

The term you are looking for is "reinvite".  Reinvites allow two devices
to send audio directly between the two end points of the call.  the
SIGNALING stays on the servers, but the audio can be sent directly
between the two end points.

NAT, transcoding, and the T and t options to dial (as well as other
things) will prevent reinvies from happening.

--
Consulting and design services for LAN, WAN, voice and data.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide. Contact me for Tellabs