[asterisk-users] Collect digits from the Callee after the Call is connected.

Simith Nambiar simith at ctg.ae
Sun Nov 23 13:55:45 CST 2008

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Simith Nambiar wrote:
>
>> Hello Darrin / Doug,
>>                                  Thank you for your response, i find
>> that the Read Aplication blocks for input and  returns when a DTMF is
>> dialled, which is fine.
>> My problem is that when i use the Dial Application , it is blocking too,
>> so where do i put the Read call in my extensions.conf, this is how it looks.
>>
>> exten => 807,1,Dial(SIP/807)
>> exten => 807,n,Hangup()
>>
>> Where can i put the below Read ?
>> exten => 807 ,n, Read(DIGITLIST,,1)
>>

> ;**********************
> ;* Get number from user
> ;**********************
>
> exten => 807,1,Answer()
> exten => 807,n,Read(get-room-num|conf-getconfno)
>
> ;***************************************
> ;*  Echo that number back to the console
> ;***************************************
>
> exten => 807,n,NoOP(${conf-getchannel})
>
> ;********************
> ;* Dial extension 807
> ;********************
>
> exten => 807,n,Dial(SIP/807)
>
> ;*******************************
> ;* Play back entered info to 807
> ;*******************************
>
> exten => 807,n,Playback(${conf-getchannel})
>
> ;********
> ;* Hangup
> ;********
>
> exten => 807,n,Hangup()

Hello Doug,
                          Thank you for your response, if you see my
e-mail above, i wanted the Read to happen after the Call is connected
(i.e after Dial ), and the Calle's digit to be collected.
In the above case, i find that the Read happend before the Dial ? I
tried the above snippet, but id does not work for me.

Here is my scenario, Caller XYZ  calls an extension , example , 807 ,
Then a Dial happens to 807 in the dial plan , 807 answers, now 807
inputs a Digit and i need that !

How can i collect the Digits input by the Callee ? anyway i can
accomplish that  ?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Simith