[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installations (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 21:09:18 CST 2008

Bourvine,

> So, why won't we save the big bucks we pay them, hire two professionals
> (who cost less) and support an open source code by ourselves? This way
> we depend on ourselves only.
>

>                         Thanks, __Yehavi:

I remember hearing University of Pennsylvania have been using Asterisk
for sometime. I am not certain where I came across that information,
but google confirmed it as a fact. And you may need to ask for more
details from Digium as they worked together, or call the school. I am
relatively certain they would share their experience.  The deployment
was of 15,000 extensions, just about what you have in mind. Below is
some articles.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/071707-open-source-voip.html

http://www.digium.com/en/company/casestudies/viewcasestudies/University-of-Pennsylvania

William