[asterisk-users] Any other "free" toll free SIP providers out there?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu Nov 20 10:02:41 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:50 PM, SIP <sip at arcdiv.com> wrote:
> Tom Browning wrote:
>>
>> FWD (Free World Dialup) allows any SIP call to US toll free numbers
>> via *18xxzzzyyyy at fwd.pulver.com <mailto:18xxzzzyyyy at fwd.pulver.com>
>> This works WITHOUT the need to be registered at FWD so in my dialplan
>> I have something like:
>>
>> exten => _8.,1,Dial(SIP/fwd.pulver.com/*${EXTEN:1},60,r
>> <http://fwd.pulver.com/*$%7BEXTEN:1%7D,60,r>)
>> exten => _8.,2,Hangup
>>

>> And I just dial 8-1-8xxyyyzzzz and presto ...  calls go through just
>> fine 99% of the time.
>>
>> I'm wondering if there are any other providers out there that allow
>> calls to toll free numbers without the need of being registered?  I'd
>> like to have a backup or two.
>>
>> Tom
>
> IdeaSIP doesn't require registration for free Toll-Free.
> 18XXXXXXXXX at proxy.ideasip.com

Wow, that's helpful.

I googled a bit, and found this lost page:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Toll+Free+Termination+Providers

So, now it's updated with FWD and IdeaSIP, and linked from "VoIP
Service Providers"

Perhaps anyone who uses them can check examples - the ${EXTEN:1} part
seems wrong.

I wonder are there any legal issues if they were included in Asterisk
sample config? Or perhaps they could even pay for advertising to get
included there ;-)

Regards,
Atis

--