[asterisk-users] Role of asterisk

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:51:19 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Bill Andersen <andersen at mwdental.com> wrote:
> Jared Smith had written:
>> To answer the second portion of your question (which I forgot to do in
>> my earlier email)... yes, Asterisk can be a registration server as well.
>>
>> --
>> Jared Smith
>> Training Manager
>> Digium, Inc.
>
> Valentin Bud wrote:
>> Hello Mr. Smith,
>  <snip>
>>If you know any kind of books that are suitable for a beginner please let
> me know.
>
> Hi Valentin,

Hi Bill,

> I really like the book "Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, Second Edition"
> authored by some guy named Jared Smith...  Coincidence?  You be the judge...

Already read that. The book is great for a beginner and a must-have if
you are in the
VoIP-with-asterisk business. I'm looking for a SIP protocol book to
understand a problem
i have.

Speaking of which Mr. Smith, the book you told me about is very good.
I didn't had
the time to read it all but the introduction and the content i saw is
very nice. Takes you
through telephony a little bit and SIP especially.

PS: shame on me cause i didn't notice the name of Mr. Smith, thought i know it
from somewhere but couldn't make the connection.

a great day,