[asterisk-users] Load balancing Asterisk.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:02:25 CST 2008

Alex,

I realize and agree that "hardware" load balancers are actually
software based. I'm less concerned about that and more about the
general specs:

Foundry ServerIron XL: rated for 1,000,000 concurrent connections
Linux box where OpenSIPS is sitting: rated for ...???

Not to mention a simple rule on a load balancer would be much,
much easier to implement. All I need is IP-based load balancing
so installing and maintaining OpenSIPS is an overkill.

Again, I appreciate the feedback but I am not asking nor looking
for a software solution. My question is simple:

Will a HARDWARE load balancer work? any reason why it WON'T work?

Thanks!