[asterisk-users] Configuring Sangoma BRI with zaptel?

Claus Herwig lists at checon.de
Thu Nov 20 05:24:18 CST 2008

Hakan C wrote:

> I've never used BRI but you can take a look to wiki.sangoma.com
> <http://wiki.sangoma.com>

As you probably could have imagined after reading my post, I did this
already.

But while their support for analog and PRI cards seems to be really good
(from what you hear around), I found their documentation for the
BRI/A500 card quite a mess.

As of now they officialy only support a configuration with their bri/smg
daemons. Thats a lot of unneeded overhead for an asterisk only
configuration, and it also doesn't work on my setup. Gives me all kinds
of wired segfaults and even kernel panics. Which was the main reason for
me to ask how to configure it the other way round.

Greets,
   Claus