[asterisk-users] Asterisk not reading fast DTMFs, was: PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Wed Nov 19 11:13:26 CST 2008

Mikel Lindsaar wrote:

> This must be how the Telco actually managed to router the call.
>  Because it must go 'pri signaled digits first, inband second'.
>  Because if you take the pri signal digits (which we assume are the
> first three) and put them at the start, you can see the number, all in
> the correct sequence.
>
> Thanks for this idea, I'm going to send it off to Digium and get it
> added to the ticket.
>
> Mikel

It could also be possible that the NEC eventually sends the remaining
digits via PRI signalling, but at that point Asterisk has already hit a
pattern match with the inband + interleaved signaled digits so asterisk
never sees the remaining signaled digits.

If we had a DTMF= setting for zap channels like we do for sip, you could
just turn off Asterisk's inband dtmf processing for the PRI to the NEC.

-Brent