[asterisk-users] Monitoring

Jon Weisman jweisman at ibell.net
Wed Nov 19 09:12:50 CST 2008

Thanks I can work with this.

-Jon

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Giorgio Ciccarelli
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Monitoring

  Hello Jon,
  you can see in the proc filesystem, in the same place where the zttool read.
  The command "cat /proc/zaptel/1 | grep -i Span" give you the status of the span 1 . You can looking  for the word RED with a grep command: if it's present the span is  KO.
  You can make a shell script and put it in crontab.
  Then, if the span is KO, you can use any applications to have to send you a alarm email.

  Giorgio Ciccarelli

  Jon Weisman wrote:
    Thanks Hakan,

    I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to "write" anything. Anybody else got something I could just use?