[asterisk-users] HPEC performance

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Nov 18 04:13:53 CST 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> Does this make a significant improvement? The box in question I was
> going to try this with has a 4 port TDM card w/ plenty of horsepower,
> but I do intend to later migrate to a Soekris unit running Astlinux and
> therefore might not have the power to run it after. If the difference is
> significant, I may move to an ITX board so I could use a bigger CPU, but
> only if the hassle is worthwhile.

HPEC did make an improvement in some of my cases, but I found the Digium
licensing procedure to be a hassle, so switched to OSLEC.

What you might want to do it try OSLEC, and if that performs OK for you,
then you might consider buying the HPEC licenses - I imagine their
code/cpu usage might be the same, but then if you try OSLEC and it works
for you, you might not bother with HPEC...

Gordon