[asterisk-users] PoE switch recommendations?

Jesse Molina jesse at opendreams.net
Tue Nov 18 00:44:33 CST 2008

Digging up an old issue here, so please disregard.  I'm making this
statement for historical and searches.

I own a couple of Linksys SRW series switches.  The modern/updated
firmwares on multiple models as of this writing are MSIE v6 compatible
only.  They will not work with Safari, Firefox/Seamonkey, or even MSIE
v7.  However, Linksys does not make firmware across models or series
standard in any way, so one unit might work with one browser, and
another mostly-similar unit may not.

Please see the Linksys message boards for more info about this issue.
It's a fairly well known gripe from Linksys customers.