[asterisk-users] MixMonitor Problem

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Mon Nov 17 22:28:57 CST 2008

Sebastian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m noticing MixMonitor records 5 seconds aprox less of a call.
>
> The recording is iniciated via Queue and ends at the hungup.
>
> (gsm format), when I listen to the audio file, has 5 seconds missing
> at the end of the call.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but in asterisk 1.4.22 (and many 1.4
versions before it), if the other party has silence suppression turned
on the two parties talking will get increasingly out of alignment with
each other and the end of the file will be truncated.

Basically it would seem that asterisk takes one frame from each side of
the conversation and writes it to the file. If one side stops sending
frames the other side will queue up until more frames come.

Again, not sure if it's relevant but that's what keeps happening to my
recordings.

I wonder if in your case perhaps the ringing time is causing your
recordings to get out of whack and chopping the end off?

Trevor