[asterisk-users] How long will Asterisk 1.4.x supported/maintained

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Nov 17 19:21:44 CST 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 07:03:52 pm Atis Lezdins wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Tilghman Lesher
>
> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 17 November 2008 04:50:43 pm Anthony Francis wrote:
> >> How do you go about determining this has happened?

> > There are various measures, such as the questions people ask.  Also, the
> > comparative numbers of unique IPs downloading 1.4 releases, as opposed to
> > 1.6 releases.
>
> Do you also count SVN checkouts, because that's what i usually do. And
> then there's also SVN switch, to update to other tag (for example
> 1.4.19 to 1.4.22)

I don't believe we do, currently, but that's another option.  Another thing I
hadn't mentioned is that if a group of people decided they wanted to continue
to maintain 1.4 beyond the point where we stopped, that's an option that we've
considered giving.  No idea if anybody capable of maintaining the branch would
want to, but it's a possibility.

Once again, I want to reiterate that no such decision to discontinue 1.4 has
been made.  For the foreseeable future, 1.4 will continue to be maintained as
an open release branch that will continue to have bugfixes and releases.

--
Tilghman