[asterisk-users] Full Duplex

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Nov 17 14:46:18 CST 2008

Singer X.J. Wang wrote:
> We've had the same issue. For calls that go between a SIP connection
> (desktop phones) and Zaptel connections, there was a lot of problems
> with half duplex. We switched
> from the Digium card to the Sangoma card and the problem went away.

Just for the record, he said that it happened regardless of protocol (IP
to IP calls do not use the card based echo cancellers).

Sorry for the problem you had.  However, I think that if you use a
current version of our echo canceller board, you will find your issues
resolved.  In fact, for a significant number of Digium's boards, Sangoma
uses the exact same hardware echo canceller.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.