[asterisk-users] Full Duplex

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Nov 17 11:27:20 CST 2008

Ken Williams wrote:

> We’ve had an issue since we went live nearly two years ago on Asterisk
> where people complain about not being able to talk while someone else
> is talking. I had assumed for a very long time this was because of the
> phones we went live with (Grandstream GXP-2000’s) and for the longest
> time I

Sound like your echo canceller is set to aggressive. Make it like a
walky-talky.

 From the archives, January 2006:

On Friday 20 January 2006 15:36, Ronald Hartmann wrote:

> > Anyone know if it is possible to control how aggressively the
> > "Aggressive" mode behaves.

No.

> > I have a situation where Normal echo cancellation is not quite enough,
> > however when I turn on aggressive mode
> > We are attacking it to hard and I am unhappy with the walkie talkie
> > behaviour of the Aggressive mode.

The agressive canceller is agressive because it is designed to turn your voice
channel into a half-duplex (walkie-talkie) communications channel.  You can't
have a "half half duplex" situation.   :-)

Have you tried recent SVN trunk with the MG2 echo canceller?  I have found
that to be the absolute best to date.

-A.

Doug

--