[asterisk-users] Debugging Asterisk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Nov 17 10:57:03 CST 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 02:26:21 am Mikel Lindsaar wrote:
> 2) Also wondering what people do when parsing asterisk verbose output in
> the log.  Specifically, following a certain call.  Asterisk's verbose
> output logs in sequence of action, which is good, but if you have 40-50
> workstations going at once, tracking the progress of one call you are
> trying to make can be difficult.  Obviously you can follow the channel as
> it goes through.  But I am wondering if there is a smarter way, like
> telling asterisk to only log on certain numbers etc.
> Any hints or tricks on this would be appreciated.

The typical way that I do it is to filter on a specific callerid and then
conditionally call Verbose at a level lower than 3, and set the core verbose
level to 2, which filters out the execution of each application.  You can call
verbose in one of two different ways, either:

ExecIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" = "4445556666"]?Verbose(1,myvar => ${myvar})
Exec(${IF($["${CALLERID(num)}" = "4445556666"]?Verbose(1,myvar =>
${myvar}):NoOp())

--
Tilghman