[asterisk-users] Full Duplex

Ken Williams ken at intermountainelectronics.com
Mon Nov 17 09:04:22 CST 2008

We've had an issue since we went live nearly two years ago on Asterisk
where people complain about not being able to talk while someone else is
talking.  I had assumed for a very long time this was because of the
phones we went live with (Grandstream GXP-2000's) and for the longest
time I believed this was a speakerphone problem only.

Last week during budgets, a request to buy new phones was put in to fix
this problem.  It was then that I finally researched and found that our
phones do in fact support full-duplex on the speakerphone and handset.

So, I'm looking for where I may have missed, perhaps an option on the
Dial() command?  Something in the phone config?

We use SIP for phone to phone conversations, IAX for site to site
conversations and Zaptel for PSTN lines.  I've been told it happens
regardless of protocol, so I assume it's one of the above options.

Thanks for any help,

Ken