[asterisk-users] PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:36:31 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Tony Mountifield
<tony at softins.clara.co.uk>wrote:

Actually, if Read() works, then WaitExten should have worked too. I expect
> what was missing was the Answer(). So this ought to work as an alternative:

It doesn't for some reason... I end up getting the timeout call

[Nov 16 23:22:51] WARNING[8213]: pbx.c:7787 pbx_builtin_waitexten: Timeout
but no rule 't' in context 'from-nec'
  == Spawn extension (from-nec, s, 3) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/28-1'
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/28-1'

Also, there is one improvement I think might be made to either, and that
> is to replace the 'r' flag (always generate ringing) with a call to
> Progress() before the Dial:

I'll give that a shot

And ideas why the waitexten is not getting the digits?

I am getting another weird error as well that might shed some light.

Calling from the NEC phone digital handsets works 100%.  Calling from the
telco and into the NEC system also works fine.

But when I try to call out using a POTS phone connected to an analog line on
the NEC, it seems like the numbers get mangled on either their way to
Asterisk (unlikely as the NEC was making calls out the E1 from POTS lines
yesterday) or from the translation that the asterisk box is doing to talk to
the NEC.

For example, I dial: 96920000 the NEC system prepends it with 1414 (which is
our telco access prefix) and then dials.

If I do this from an NEC digital extension I get 141496920000, but if I do
it from an NEC POTS extension I get 1942124000

Strange :)

Incomming from Telco => * => NEC => POTS line works fine.

Wrap your brain cells around that one :)

Mikel