[asterisk-users] PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:25:01 CST 2008

Hello all.

I have an NEC PBX connected via a TE210p E1 line to an asterisk 1.6 box.

NEC -> E1 -> TE210P:1 -> * -> TE210P:2 -> E1 -> Telco

Incomming calls from the telco to the asterisk box to the NEC work fine with
indials and everything.  Works sweet.

Outbound from the NEC to the Asterisk box fail.  Giving an long dial tone
that then times out.

Ie, pick up NEC handset, dial to get outside line, are given a dial tone,
and then press numbers on keypad but dialtone continues and then eventually
get an fast busy signal.

Looking at the console, it doesn't seem like the * system is seeing the
dialed number data from the NEC box. the reason I say this is that the
asterisk box complains that it is accepting call from '' to ''

Which just seems like no data is passing across.

It is an NEC Xen Master that is configured to connect to an E1 and works
fine. This E1 line has been replaced by a direct link to the * box to make
the NEC box think the * box is the Telco – so I know this at least works.
And I can also send a call into the NEC system fine.

Does anyone know how to debug this? How can I see what data the NEC box is
sending over the signaling channel in * ?

dahdi/system.conf looks like:

# Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
# To NEC System
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

# Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"
# To E1
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
echocanceller=mg2,32-46,48-62

# Global data

loadzone = au
defaultzone = au

asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf looks like:

; SPAN 1 connects to the NEC PBX system
; Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF
group=1
context=from-nec
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_net
channel => 1-15,17-31
immediate = no
overlapdial = yes

; SPAN 2 connects to Telstra – 30 channel E1
; Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" B8ZS/ESF
group=2
context=from-pstn
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 32-46,48-62
immediate = no
overlapdial = yes
prindication = outofband

asterisk/extensions.conf (relative bit) looks like:

[from-pstn]
exten => _555573XX,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/${EXTEN},,T)

[from-nec]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(DAHDI/g2/${EXTEN},,T)