[asterisk-users] installation

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Nov 14 16:09:22 CST 2008

Not for SIP, IAX2 may need ztdummy (provided by Zaptel or whatever it is
called in DAHDI, wouldn't know since I don't use it.

I usually throw an empty, usually RMAed or otherwise broken TDM400 card in
an use that for timing when needed.  I have plenty of them....

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM, DesRae Mason <desrae at wildblue.net> wrote:

> Quick question ... I am interested in installing Asterisk and using SIP or
> IAX to connect to another system.  If I am not planning to install analog or
> digital cards to connect to another system do I need to install zaptel
> still?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
+18887771888 (Toll Free)