[asterisk-users] no dial to busy sip line

Christophorus Laube christophorus.laube at SemanticEdge.de
Fri Nov 14 10:29:00 CST 2008

Hi list,

is it possible to get in the running dialplan the status of (SIP) lines
without using AGI or anything like that? What I want is a stepwise
calling: I have several SIP lines (let's say they are three) which I
want to dial to alternatingly. But I do not want to dial to a already
busy line and catch the busy. Instead I do not want to dial to that peer
but to the next one. I want to have a kind of a adaptive dialplan.
Using AGI and such things just makes it slower in my opinion (if I call
an AGI script that does an "asterisk -rx 'sip show channels' |gawk -F "
" {' print $1 '}, for example). Does anyone of you have an idea of how
to do that?
Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Christophorus Laube