[asterisk-users] kick from conference message on 1.2.23

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 08:23:26 CST 2008

In article <491D7BC3.7040501 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am hearing a you have been kicked from the conference message in
> asterisk 1.2.23.
> I dont want to hear that.
>
> I am using 1qt for the meetme.
>
> How can I disable that message?

There isn't a way in meetme. However, if you NEVER want to hear that message,
go to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds and rename conf-kicked.gsm to something else
like conf-kickedX.gsm and then copy silence/1.gsm to conf-kicked.gsm

Then when it goes to play that file, it will just play 1 sec of silence.

Similarly for any other format sounds you have loaded, such as wav, alaw, ulaw.

I must say that "kicked" always grates when I hear it, but that might just
be because I am rightpondian. When I record my own prompts I always use
"removed" instead.

Cheers
Tony
--