[asterisk-users] Why Nat=yes Nat=no Option?

Thu Nov 13 08:53:17 CST 2008

Actually I would nat=yes always, even if clients are not behind NAT os
otherwise the clietn can put some garbage into the contact header (e.g.
IP address of an upstream provider) and influence routing.

The only thing were nat=yes is bad is if you have an asymmetric client.
I do not know any RTP asymmetric client, but there are still SIp
asymmetric clients, e.g. some Cisco phones and Cisco Gateways

klaus