[asterisk-users] PSTN Channels merging with SIP channels!!!

R_O_L_A_N_D at hotmail.com R_O_L_A_N_D at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:48:55 CST 2008

Hi All,

I appreciate any help with this issue am facing.

first of all my topology is as such:

my asterisk box has two callcentric sip accounts on it.
as well as a PSTN line which is connected to asterisk through a Sipura 3102.

now my problem is as such:

I sometimes use my box as an international gateway.
that means when am home, I call my PSTN line. it directs me through an auto attendant that I've setup.
in it there's a "waitexten" for 8 seconds, where I enter the full international number with a preceding extension which directs this number to one of my callcentric lines.

now this has worked ok for a while but lately am facing a major prob!
sometimes ill be talking to an international destination following the scenario explained above. and suddenly In the middle of my conversation both me and the other side could hear my PSTN attendant's recorded voice welcoming caller..
such a thing is extremely annoying to say the least and I have no idea why it's happening..
can anyone help out please?! any advice on how to catch what's causing this?!