[asterisk-users] OT: Disable Polycom 650 Forward Softkey

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 01:50:00 CST 2008

I am confused now. I called Polycom early October and was told to
submit a ticket for the latest firmware.

I submitted a ticket and was told to fuck off.

Dave posted a link and I can download firmware 3.1.1 from there.

The Firmware Table shows 3.1.0RevB as the newest firmware.

3.1.1. says released 10 November 2008 so I am going to assume this is
a mistake and post a copy of the firmware here incase I misplace it:
http://app5.netjdn.com/~joako/spip_ssip_3_1_1_release_sig.zip Am I
thinking aloud?

Am I the only one that noticed some problems with 3.1.0RevB? Here's my
problem, the vendor *CAN NOT* Provide a reliable download site, last
time I requested firmware it was 28th April and they took until 01 May
to get it to me. So every time I need to contact VOIP Supply, wait a
bit, follow up, wait a bit. Just not acceptable.

Hopefully the current bug on the Polycom site is never fixed. Or maybe
they finally noticed their support cost of people calling in, being
told to submit a ticket, responding to the ticket, angry customers,
people like me badmouthing them, etc cost more than just giving out
the firmware. And I strongly believe that especially the opensource
community will be more prone to purchase Polycom if updates are freely
available.