[asterisk-users] Help with asterisk and avaya SIP trunking

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:57:01 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Krishna Sumanth Chava
<kschava at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Shaun and Robb,
>
> Thanks for the assistance.
>
> I was able to force the codecs and had avaya talk in the right way. Also
> addressed the DTMF issues.

Glad to hear it.

> I seem to be having issues with asterisk and avaya not detecting Hang ups.
> i am using the Analog phones connected to the POTS ports on the IP Office. I
> will try connecting the avaya Analog and Avaya IP Phone to IP Office and see
> if that makes any difference.

What does SSA show when one end has hung up? If it still shows the
call as active, then a disconnect signal has gone missing.

I've never experienced this problem, but then again the only thing we
use the POTS ports for is faxing and this is forced to use our PRI
circuits. All of our handsets including conference room phones are IP.

-Shaun