[asterisk-users] GEN-GEN and Manual Ring-Down (MRD)?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 05:56:18 CST 2008

Does anyone here know anything about GEN-GEN analogue circuits, also
known as Manual Ring-Down (MRD)? Apparently they are widely used in
Hoot'n'Holler systems for financial dealer-boards.

I have been asked to try and interface to such circuits, and have been
having great difficulty locating any specifications for the interface.

Apparently, they are always-on 2-wire analogue circuits with no tip
voltage or loop current, and on-demand superimposed ringing voltage in
either direction for signalling (to do nothing more than get the remote
end's attention).

I was wondering whether it is possible to adapt an FXS or FXO port to
operate in such a mode, but I'm not optimistic.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield