[asterisk-users] DNS A queries for channel

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:33:07 CST 2008

It not only happens on INVITE or BYE but also happens when a 18x is received
(180 Ringing or 183 Session Progess at least) so it's not directly related
where the Dial command is executed in the dialplan, isn't it? It looks more
as a SIP channel internal stuff...

It looks like there is some gethostbyname (or similar) call whenever a SIP
message (request or response) is received that triggers the DNS query.

Shall I try to post in dev list?

Best regards,
Samuel.