[asterisk-users] TE121B Doesn't Fit PCI-E Slot

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sun Nov 9 14:43:56 CST 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Alternatively, you might fully unscrew and remove the front plate,
>> insert the card to fit properly and then either live without a
>> frontplate
>
> That doesn't sound safe, a pull on a cable, or deploying the server
> on its rails could unseat that card.

fully agreed, this is just a very temporary "solution" and it is not
safe, but if it will not work, otherwise?

>> or mill the front plate to fit.
>
> Funny, I thought I was hack doing stuff like this, but then again we
> have a decent machine shop at our company:) I have always made my life
> easier at the expense of a machinists labor, heh.

Lucky you. My machine shop is me.:-)

I just wanted to point out that there is no point in complaining about a
card mechanically failing.

You either return it or you will need to make it fit. ;-)

Eberhard