[asterisk-users] Codec problems when using G.723

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Nov 9 13:14:45 CST 2008

The best (and maybe only way) is to set your client and your service
provider to only do G.723.

Thomas Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with codecs.
>
> I have an provider with allowed codec alaw, ulaw, g.723
> I have SIP clients with codec allowed alaw, ulaw, g.723
>
> If a SIP clients wants call through with g.723 Asterisk is using alaw to
> connect to the provider, so its not working because only passthrough would
> work.
>
> How I can prevent this?
>
> best regards
> Thomas

Consulting and design services for LAN, WAN, voice and data.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide. Contact me for Tellabs
echo canceling systems.  Also see http://www.fnords.org/skillslist.html