[asterisk-users] Rolled Distro?

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Nov 8 19:48:33 CST 2008

>I'm not the Sysadmin type so I don't want to have to labor over manual upgrades once a
>month or so - and that's the big argument against rolling my own * box
>and doing everything from source.  I'd rather be able to click
>'upgrade', have it go do it's thing and trust that it's going to work.

So what's broken every month that you must fix it by upgrading? It's pretty hard
to believe you experience an issue requiring a fix that each incremental provides?

Roll your own from source *once*, get it working, then leave it alone and spend
your new free time on something fun:)

Your approach is to brave for me, I would only upgrade if there was legitimate
issue worthy of the plunge back into unknown water, how do you know the upgrade
doesn't introduce something new? If it's been running, why fix what ain't broke?

jlc