[asterisk-users] Help with asterisk and avaya SIP trunking

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:23:12 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Krishna Sumanth Chava <kschava at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Robb,
> I had the checked the IP Office and i see that in the SIP Line Settings an
> option [checkbox] that says (Use Tel URI), which is unchecked. But i still
> get the Tel:+ in the SIP Header (even when it is turned on or off).

I believe the use tel URI is only used for inbound calls (ie: from
Asterisk to Avaya). For inbound calls to work you need to leave 'use
tel URI' unchecked.

When you're creating the shortcode (either in the shortcode section or
in ARS), you need to add "@10.10.8.1" after the number, eg:
."@10.10.8.1"

Example at http://www.se.id.au/miscimages/avaya-sip-ars.png

Let me know how you go. I've got a few Asterisk boxes talking to our
IP Office very happily (and used quite a lot), so I'm quite happy to
help where I can.

-Shaun