[asterisk-users] tired of "midget packet received" warnings

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 7 03:21:24 CST 2008

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:42:52AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>> Your monitoring app is not sending valid IAX2 packets to the server. If
>> it was sending a true IAX2 POKE, it would be a valid packet and wouldn't
>> generate this warning.
>>

> Could asterisk at least _not_ report this harmless, below-warning event
> when using a zero-verbose (asterisk -r) level? That would be nice and
> logical.

Actually, I would have said that corrupt/bad IAX packsets *should* be
reported and are *not* harmless.  They're harmless in your instance
because your monitoring application isn't functioning properly, but to
anyone else they're likely to indicate either (a) a hacking attempt or
(b) a fairly serious network problem.

How about you fix your monitoring application to send a correct IAX2
POKE request?