[asterisk-users] Polycom 430 no hangup after SIP BYE, Status 481 instead

Joel Pearson joel.pearson+asterisk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:19:38 CST 2008

I found out what the problem was.

It appears to be a bug in the Polycom 430 firmware.

I have 2 lines on the phone and both of them use the same auth id but with
different servers.

It seems that if you make an outgoing call from the phone on line 2 and then
called party hangs up.  Asterisk says BYE and the Polycom looks at line 1
(because it has the same auth id as line 2) and says I don't have an active
call on line 1 when the active call is on line 2.

Kinda annoying, but easy enough to work around.

I am in the middle of migrating systems so I can just change all my
usernames on line 2 to be prefixed with 1 or something like that.