[asterisk-users] twice normal beep before busy tone ??

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Nov 6 15:46:07 CST 2008

Most IVRs want longer DTMF tone lengths.  If you shorten the
toneduration= then many IVRs won't work.

Wilton Helm wrote:
> If it is 300 ms, that is way to long.  I don't know any CO grade receiver that can't decode in 80 ms and some can do 40.  There is also a similar size gap between digits.
>
> Is there an option to start dialing as soon as enough digits are collected to guarantee a unique route?  That has been the norm in traditional PABXs for 20 or 30 years, and combined with 80 ms duration, it can generally finish by the time the user has entered the last digit.

Yes.  This feature is called overlap dialing and is only available on PRIs

--
Consulting and design services for LAN, WAN, voice and data.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide. Contact me for Tellabs