[asterisk-users] ODBCExec and Asterisk 1.6 New Thread

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 6 12:52:30 CST 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008 12:27:05 Sebastian Gutierrez wrote:
> The main thing is that with this I set the Store Procedure or Query
> directly on the dialplan line, is easier to configure, change, manage, etc.
>
> I also know that works great with heavy load, and it reconnects when the
> network goes down and up.

You can do the same with func_odbc.  While templates may make your job
easier, you certainly can use whatever syntax you like.  And func_odbc manages
connections properly, as well.

Please also note that a good majority of the folks who would be qualified to
look at your app are forbidden to do so, as you have not signed a license for
contributions, and even looking at unlicensed code may affect how we code.

--
Tilghman