[asterisk-users] Call Files

David Klaverstyn dave at klaverstyn.com.au
Wed Nov 5 20:01:46 CST 2008

I have successfully created call files and I can get Asterisk to make
calls based on those files.  The problem I have is that it seems you
need to use a Channel for the first leg of the call file.  This means I
have to use either a ZAP, SIP or IAX2 channel.  What I would prefer to
do is send the first leg of the call to a context and extension so I can
send the call using DUNDi rather than a predefined channel.

Once the call has been established then is should go to context,
extension so the second leg of the call can be completed.

Is it possible to send the first leg of a call file to DUNDi and if not
aviable send over IAX2 or then ZAP?

The call files seem to be limited to a channel and not allow the first
leg of the call to be decided by the path of a context, extension.