[asterisk-users] ExtenSpy? am I doing it correctly?

Steve Gladden asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Wed Nov 5 11:39:28 CST 2008

Scratching my head and trying this.
Asterisk Version: Asterisk 1.4.21.2

Tried:
exten => 4771,1,ExtenSpy(4724 at mbb)
exten => 4771,2,Hangup

Also tried:
exten => 4771,1,Answer
exten => 4771,2,ExtenSpy(4724 at mbb)
exten => 4771,3,Hangup

Also tried many variations including option ,b
I think most calls I make are 'bridged'
extensions 4771 and 4724 are both in mbb context.
Tried 'cycling' though the channels and volule "*" "#" no change.

Test:
4724 places outbound or extension call.
I dial "4771" from 4772
I expect to hear audio from 4724's in progress call but hear nothing.
I hear a recording "beep" when I dial 4771.
I expect to hear audio from call being made from ext. 4724
I've obviously got this wrong or the feature is not working :-)

Ao far I've been unable to find much information on the net of anyone
documenting
a problem or a working configuration.
Is there something I'm completely missing here?

Thanks!

Steve

believed to be clean.