[asterisk-users] VoIP Users Conference Call Friday Nov 7 On Wideband Voice & Conferencing

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Nov 4 10:00:31 CST 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:48:58 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>Is there any decent free soft phone that is not capable of Speex/wb?
>
>A short check on my system: supporting:
>ekiga          2.0.12-1+nmu1
>linphone       2.1.1-1+b1
>twinkle        1:1.2-3
>
>Not supporting:
>iaxcomm        2.0.2-3
>
>But then again, this is just IaxComm. And even it has some tweaks to
>speex.

The trouble is that there is extremely limited hardware support for
Speex. G.722 is freely available and has better hardware support.

Did anyone notice yesterdays press release from Audio Codes announcing
broad wideband support across their product range by some time in 2009?

In any case, the wideband bridge for this weeks VUC call supports only
G.722.

Michael
--
Michael Graves