[asterisk-users] busylevel question

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Mon Nov 3 11:38:30 CST 2008

I am running asterisk 1.6.0.1. I have a Grandstream GXP280 phone I use for
testing. In addition I register a zoiper SIP soft phone.

For the Grandstream I have busylevel=1 in sip.conf.

If I place a call from the GXP280 to zoiper and then put that call on hold
from the zoiper side and then call GXP280's extension, asterisk indicates
the phone is ringing. As the GXP280 is a single line phone it does not ring
the second call. I would have expected the call to get a busy as I have
busylevel set to one. I have tried setting busylevel to two as well with the
same result.

Can someone let me know what I should look at to see why I am not getting a
busy instead of ringing?

Here are the definitions in sip.conf for the GXP280 and zoiper:

[dickenson]
type=friend
context=empl
nat=yes