[asterisk-users] Call terminates after 20 minutes

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Nov 3 11:17:26 CST 2008

Go to sip.conf.

Find the SIP Session-Timers section.

Ensure that you have this option set:

session-timers=refuse

This might help.  If not, try other variations of the session-timers
value.  The default session-timer is 10 minutes - exactly half of what
you claim is your duration maximums, so it seems suspiciously like
that might have something to do with it.  Maybe not.  In any case,
fire up wireshark/tethereal and watch the SIP packets for a particular
call to see what's happening - distrust everything other than what you
see on "the wire" and then work backwards.  An understanding of SIP
packet flows will be helpful here, or the "ladder view" of SIP
transactions that is built into  wireshark's graphical interface will
certainly help as well.

JT

On Nov 2, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Jim Boykin wrote:

> Any help. Thanks
>

> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Jim Boykin <boykinjim at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Marcin, can you elaborate. No timer has been set and call is not
>> idle either.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jim
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Marcin J. Kowalczyk
>> <marcin.kowalczyk at ccig.pl> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Sesion-timer set but not supported by sip-peers?

---
John Todd
jtodd at digium.com        +1-256-428-6083
Asterisk Open Source Community Director