[asterisk-users] Ztdummy and Asterisk

Aldo D. Sudak adsudak at fullzero.com.ar
Sat Nov 1 20:03:09 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have installed Asterisk 1.4.20 on Debian Etch. The server has no telephony card
installed, but I have anyhow installed Zaptel (Zaptel-1.4.9) in order to be able to use MeetMe.
The Zaptel modules load normally. I obtain the following prompts:

kerplunk:/# /etc/init.d/zaptel start
Waiting for zap to come online...OK
Running ztcfg: done.

I can confirm that Zaptel is loaded:

kerplunk:/# lsmod | grep zaptel
zaptel                184548  1 ztdummy
crc_ccitt               2240  1 zaptel

Anyhow, when I attempt to start Asterisk, I obtain the following:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf':Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf':Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf':Found
Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Nov  1 21:40:41] ERROR[1873]: asterisk.c:2954 main: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will
shutdown for your protection.  You have options:
        1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if you need it.  One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
        2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services.  One option is to unload zaptel
 modules if you don't need them.
        3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure Zaptel.

Of course, because I have no Zaptel hardware I did not configure zaptel.conf. I really would
not know what to configure.

Ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Aldo