[asterisk-users] IAX2 hardware video phone

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat May 31 19:13:14 CDT 2008

Joseph wrote:
> On 05/31/08 19:57, Rob Hillis wrote:
>
>> Only one of the better known brands have a video phone that I'm aware
>> of, and that's certainly not IAX2 compatible.  For that matter, none of
>> the better known brands have a phone (video or otherwise) that is IAX2
>> compatible.
>>
> The only option I have seen is Grandstream GXV3000; it works with Asterisk but it is SIP phone.
> So to traverse the firewall using "IAX2" I need to connect it to an internal asterisk box or make a "Swiss cheese"
> out of a firewall.

It's the only one I'm aware of too, and having been bitten badly by the
Grandstream's superior ability to crash, hang, stuff up phone calls and
otherwise behave badly, the only recommendation I ever have for them is
to NOT use them.  Whilst I haven't used a GXV3000 for long enough to
know how much the Grandstream instability applies to this phone, I've
had more than enough experience with GXP-2000s and BT200s.