[asterisk-users] SPA 3102 unable to detect hangup

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri May 30 20:07:22 CDT 2008

Unlikely.  The problem is that different locations signal call
disconnection in different ways.

In many parts of the world, you're stuck with busy detection to figure
out if the line has been hung up or not.  Sometimes you can use polarity
reversal.  Remember the modern day analogue line isn't a whole lot
different to a line in the 1880s - and for some reason they didn't think
of computers needing to figure out if a line was disconnected at this time.