[asterisk-users] 3Com Phones

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri May 30 06:56:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Barry Fawthrop <barry at isscp.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have read old articles on 3Com's 3102 phones needing VCX or something
> to connect to in order to get a SIP image on the phone.
>
> (1) Does later version of Asterisk allow for this ?

No

> (2) Does the later/latest version of Asterisk talk the native 3Com
> protocol ?

It will soon.  Not sure about GPL or Asterisk inclusion.  Digium
seemed less than interested but Callweaver has some interest.  If no
project about it, then I will contact you offlist when it is ready.

> (3) Anyone know how to get just the VCX install portion in order to boot
> 3Com phones to SIP ?

I can probably help you out there.  VCX or NBX V3000 with R6 software
should send the 3Com phone a SIP firmware when you power it up on a
network with one of those PBXes.  Maybe we can do a VPN or I can put a
V3000 directly on the interweb for a bit.

> I have had 3 3Com 3102 phones given to me and would love to see them work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Barry

Thanks,
Steve Totaro