[asterisk-users] Calling '**1' through Asterisk

Henrik Østergaard Madsen Henrik at Ostergaard.net
Fri May 30 00:12:46 CDT 2008

> Asterisk 1.4.20.1
> Polycom 501 v 3.0.1.0032
>
> [May 30 00:12:54] NOTICE[26924]: chan_sip.c:14033
> handle_request_invite: Call from 'SIP_PEER' to extension '**1'
> rejected because extension not found.
>

> [May 30 00:14:25] NOTICE[26924]: chan_sip.c:14033
> handle_request_invite: Call from 'SIP_PEER' to extension '**'
> rejected
> because extension not found.
>
> I did not even modify the dial plan on the phone, just press **1 and
> dial. Make sure the configuration (dialplan) on the Linksys is
> correct, see http://spc.pifiu.com for details.

Interresting - I AM sure the dial plan does forward the call on the
Linksys. The TA100 doesnt even have a dialplan - everything is
forwarded raw - and it is the same issue there.

But the bottom line of this must be that my Asterisk is somehow not
correct. Either the configuration or the Asterisk itself. I cannot
see why a configuration error should come with such a behavior
(without showing something in the debug output). But updating to the
latest Asterisk should not be a big thing.

Thanks for the help, I will try that over the weekend.

/Henrik