[asterisk-users] Zaptel project being renamed to DAHDI

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:00:59 CDT 2008

I am wondering two things:

1) What are the implications, trademark-wise, for 3rd party hardware
vendors? Will Digium crack down on the use of DAHDI name? Will some be
forced to call it the "Prominent North American Opensource Telephony
Vendor's Hardware Device Interface?" (PNAOTVHDI)

2) In the article you posted you reference more than just a simple
name change. How will this affect the use of 3rd party cards, e.g.
Sangoma. Is Digium committed to keeping DAHDI as open as Zaptel,
making it easy for 3rd party vendors to piggy-back their drivers onto
the architecture? Is digium trying to make these cards obsolete in
Asterisk 1.6?