[asterisk-users] OT: Good phone to work with Asterisk/NAT

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Thu May 29 19:43:50 CDT 2008

Apologies, I meant to type Asterisk.

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Paul Hales
Sent: May 29, 2008 8:41 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] OT: Good phone to work with Asterisk/NAT

if you need phones to work with Aastra, why not Aastra phones?

PaulH

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 20:02 -0400, Mark Hamilton wrote:

Hi,

I’m shopping around for a phone for about 50-80 agents.

These agents will basically be behind NAT connecting to an Asterisk server off-site. They will be logging in to queues, taking calls from the queues, taking calls to their extension from company IVR, be able to call each other, and out, have their voicemails setup, etc. Basic agent stuff.

I just want a very easily configurable config file setup (maybe even tools to mass-generate these tftp configs and so the phones can autoupdate firmware once a day, or look to download configs from tftp server nightly, etc amongst other things)

Ofcourse, want good voice quality, good working with NAT, and most importantly work really well with Aastra. Trying to keep the cost down as well, so maybe ~$100 will be a good price point.

Don’t know if this is classified as OT or not, but put it in, just in case.

Thanks,

Mark.