[asterisk-users] Cisco Gateway sending call to * without CID Name

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:25:31 CDT 2008

> >  I have a Cisco 2600 PRI gateway being hosted on an Asterisk server.
> >  The PRI on the cisco is pointing to a customer legacy PBX, the SIP
> >  VoIP side of the cisco is pointing to an Asterisk server (1.2.X).
> >
> >  In Asterisk, the SIP peer is setup with callerid="some name"<5551212>
> >
> >  In a SIP call from the cisco to asterisk, there is no CID name info in
> >  SIP debug, so Asterisk doesn't seem to inject CID name info for that
> >  SIP Channel on pass through calls.  Asterisk does have the CID number
> >  and account number and user info and all other variable associated
> >  with the SIP channel, just no CID name.
> >
> >  When I test with another Asterisk server acting as the PRI gateway,
> >  the CID name is fine.
> >
> >  1. in the cisco, does anyone know what the command is to set a CID
> >  Name for all outbound VoIP calls?
> >
> >  2. is this a bug in Asterisk that will not inject CID name in a
> >  channel if it doesn't have CID name coming in first?
> >
> >  Thanks.
> >
> >  JR
> >  --
> >  JR Richardson
> >  Engineering for the Masses
> >

> Hi JR,
>
>  Maybe my blog post will help:
>
> http://blog.krisk.org/2007/07/whats-my-name.html
>
> --
> Kristian Kielhofner

Kris,

Nice write up.  I put a wait(1) in Asterisk plus I played around with
'isdn outgoing display-ie' and a few other cisco commands.  Still not
seeing the CID name come in on the SIP messaging.  I initiate a 'degug
isdn q931' on the cisco gateway and don't see any debug messages so
I'm really thinking the gateway is screwy.  That or I'm not getting a
CID from the PBX sending the calls.

--
Thanks.
JR