[asterisk-users] Require a Type 102 milliwatt number

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu May 29 10:02:22 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Drew Gibson wrote:
>> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>>> A fairly reasonable argument can actually be made in that direction.
>>>
>>> If you can't keep the tray tables clean of coffee stains, how can we
>>> trust you to get the engine maintenance right?  (-- Tom Peters)
>>>

>> Ooooooh! A dreadful quote!
>>
>> Good engineers don't care about "tray tables", they care about engine
>> maintenance. They put the effort into what they care about, they don't
>> waste it on a manager's shallow perception of reality!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Drew
>>
>> PS. I guess this is why I'm still a lowly peon.
>>
> Engineers love saying that. Then when they asked to fly on a rather
> grubby plane belonging to an airline with a first class safety record
> (e.g. Indian Airlines - I think they have their new planes delivered
> looking filthy) they get twitchy. :-)
>
> Steve

On one of my last domestic flights, the stewardesses could not get one
overhead bin to close.  She called an engineer who looked at it a bit,
slammed it a few times, only to pop back open.  He pulled out his
trusty duct tape, applied liberally and it stayed shut the entire
flight.

One part of me was thinking "good, at least we don't have to switch
planes or be delayed" while the other was thinking "WTF?!?"

Thanks,
Steve Totaro